Welcome to Gloria Dei; we are glad you are here!
It’s our confession that the Holy Spirit draws us in so that we can know the love and grace of Jesus. Wherever your life is right now, trust that today, God gives you these gifts.
We’d love to meet you! Stop by the Welcome Center, or make an introduction at gloriadeisf.org/hello
September 23 / 24, 2023
In a famous parable, Jesus tells about a scandalously wayward son and a scandalously loving father and a scandalously resentful brother. Sometimes we know we are undeserving of God’s love. Sometimes we think we deserve it and resent those whom we think don’t. In all of it, God just loves. Forgives. And rejoices in doing so.
Welcome & Song
Confession & Forgiveness
Children’s Message & Church School Dismissal Song (Sun only)
Gospel Reading Luke 15:11-32
Sermon: Pastor Heidi Binstock
Song & Offering – gloriadeisf.org/give
We sing and share. Gifts given to GDei directly impact our ability to live out our mission; offerings can be given by text, online, or offering plate. The Change for Change baskets collect change and bills to fight hunger. All gifts make an impact; thank you!
Sacrament of Holy Communion (Sat only)
Song (Sat only)
Benediction & Song
DEI WORKER – Join the work of the people at Gloria Dei
Gather, Grow, Give, and GO!
Worship is at the heart of our mission to gather, grow, give, and go at Gloria Dei but there are many things that we do together. Find some of those things below.
Take time to be nourished and visit with your fellow Gloria Dei-ers, with breakfast (scrambled eggs, ham, toast, and fruit) served by volunteers in the Fellowship Hall, suggested donation $5 per plate.
Sympathies and God’s Peace to:
- Lucille Quanbeck and family on the death of her sister Norma Egeness on September 11
- Rob Burnette and family on the death of his mother Mary Burnette on September 12
- Soccer and Gloria Dei Volunteer! We provide people to help with Sioux Falls Neighborhood Soccer at Terry Redlin. Saturday mornings (8-9:30am) this fall, sign up for one Saturday or all of them.
- CANCELED: Gloria Dei Scrapbooking/Craft Event – Sept 22-23
- Update your Worship Volunteer Preference to help with planning for the 2023-24 program year. Sign Up & Happenings > Click on
- Free-will Donations Book Sale: Gloria Dei Library is having a Book Sale Sept 9 – 24 with all proceeds going back to support the library.
- Membership Sessions Session #1 Sept 24, 9-10am or Sept 27, 5-6pm. Session #2 Oct 1, 9-10am or Oct 4, 5-6pm. We believe what Paul says; membership is a way that we recognize who we are as individuals connected in community. Come and learn about the gDei community.
- GO:The Banquet – Sunday, October 12, Help prepare the meal 2-5pm or 2:45-5pm or help serve the meal 5:15-8pm. Gloria Dei has the opportunity to serve at the Banquet (900 East 8th St) twice per year. They are always in need of plastic grocery bags and margarine, yogurt or other plastic containers for the guest to take left-overs home in. They can be dropped off anytime at the Banquet.
- Church Basement Ladies Sat Dec 23, 2pm at the Washington Pavilion. RSVP by October 10 online, or to Pr. Amy. Tickets are $43.50/each. Join us for this fellowship and friendship event.
- Spirit Wear Order Gloria Dei wear online now through September 29.
- Travel with Gloria Dei to Turkey/Greece or Norway in 2024.
- Holiday Paint Sun Nov 19, 1-4pm gather with other Gloria Dei-ers to paint a 22” round door sign. Reserve your spot by Sun October 1.
- Spiritual Growth Group Thursdays Sept 28-Nov 9, from 12-1pm. Just what is Spirituality and how do I get it?” Join this group and read the book Finding Our Way Again by Brian McLaren
- Mission-Haiti Sponsorship Weekend Sept 30 & Oct 1 Sponsor a Haitian child for the upcoming school year!
Stewardship | Sep 13 / 16 / 17, 2023
Attendance Total 1,126
- Wed 6pm, 348
Sat 5pm, 91
Sun 9:00am, 498
Sun 10:30am, 252
Sun 9:00am, 226
Offering Weekly: $54,533 | YTD Total: $1,530,671 | YTD Budget: $1,707,692
Outreach Ministry of the Month Charis Ministry Partners
(Food to You, Necessities for Neighbors, Healthy Rides)